• 802.11n WLAN specification, highest speed and coverage
• 7 operation modes
• Easy security setup at the touch of a button (WPS)
• D-Link Click’n Connect easy set-up wizard in 18 languages
• Open-source Linux platform (Realtek RTL8651C and RTL8190 chipset)
• Energy-saving Wi-Fi scheduling function
The D-Link DAP-1360 is a wireless Access Point (AP) compliant with the IEEE 802.11n standard. By connecting the DAP-1360 to a broadband router, you will be able to share your high speed Internet access wirelessly and create a secure wireless network to share photos, files, music, video, printers and network storage.
Based on the Realtek RTL8186 chipset, the DAP-1360 can be upgraded with any bespoke firmware based on the provided Software Development Kit (SDK)*. This allows programmers to make full use of the 2 MB Flash memory and 16 MB SDRAM to include advanced features of their choice.
Wireless Data Protection
The DAP-1360 provides robust security to protect your network and wireless data. In addition, it includes MAC address filtering and the “Disable SSID Broadcast” function, which prevents outsiders’ access to your home or office network.
With Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS), you can set up wireless security at the touch of a button. There is no need to memorise complicated passwords and key them in several times, as the wireless network name (SSID) and encryption keys are automatically generated and broadcast to the client devices.
Versatility for Use in Different Applications
The DAP-1360 can be configured to operate as (1) an Access Point (AP) to act as a central hub for wireless users, (2) an AP Client to connect to another Access Point, (3) a Workgroup Bridge to joint two workgroups together wirelessly, (4) a Workgroup Bridge with AP to act as wireless hub and a bridge at the same time and (5) a Repeater to extend the wireless coverage to cover all “dead spots”.
In addition, two Wireless Internet Service Provider (WISP) modes are supported, which could allow several homes to wirelessly share a single link to the Internet without the need for extra routers: WISP Client Router and WISP Repeater, respectively linking to wired only or wired/wireless computers.
Easy to Install and Use
With D-Link’s Click ‘n Connect (DCC) wizard, you can set up your wireless network in minutes. It configures your Access Point’s operation mode, makes it easy to add new wireless devices onto the network and helps you create a simple wireless network for your home and office.
A schedule function allows you to to turn the wireless network off when not needed, saving energy.
• IEEE 802.11n Wireless LAN specification
• One 10/100 Mbps Ethernet LAN port
• 2 MB Flash memory / 16 MB SDRAM
• Detachable antennae (reverse SMA connector, female)
• 7 operation modes: AP, AP Client, Workgroup Bridge, Workgroup Bridge with AP, Repeater, WISP Client Router*, WISP Repeater*
• Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM)
• Energy-saving scheduling function
• 64/128-bit WEP encryption
• WPA-EAP, WPA2-EAP
• TKIP, AES
• MAC address filtering
• SSID Broadcast disable function
• Certified for Wi-Fi Protected setup (WPS)
• D-Link Click’n Connect (DCC) easy set-up with wizard
• Web-based management